Preview Promotion Report
The Preview promotion report compares versions of programs from a source, or originating account to a target account. This report specifically addresses questions of what to promote from a development project to quality assurance and what to promote from quality assurance to production.
This report offers the following:
- Columnar report comparing versions across two projects
- Options include
- Only New
- Items In Edit
- Only Upgrades
- Only Matches
- Only Conflicts
- Include EVERYTHING
- Output can be to Print, Display or Scroll window
- On selected platforms, can make comparisons between systems (different computers)
Of special interest, is the fact that in a comparison of source and destination, the promotion list can be targeted to:
- Default Rellist
- Transfer/Intermediate Rellist
- Authorized items in Promotion Control
- Authorized Transfer list in Promotion Control (short list)
Image of the initiation screen for the Preview promotion report
Comparisons between systems is currently only configured for D3 linked systems .
Parties interested in deploying this report across systems on UniVerse, UniData, QM and Reality X, are urged to contact Binary Star technical services.
Image of typical output from this report: